Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Remembering 9/11

 
 
Another year has come and gone and we are at the anniversary once again of 9.11.2001. It has been 12 years since that tragic day occurred and at times it really seems like it was 12 years ago but other days it feels like it happened yesterday.
 
We as Americans constantly fight amongst each other with left this, right that, we seem to forget that we are all in this together. Those that read this blog and/of follow me on twitter know that I lean right when it comes to financial issues within our country but lean center-right when it comes to social topics. No matter what I believe in or if you do or don't agree with my beliefs it is my right and your right to feel that way and that is what make this country great. I think as people with myself included tend to forget that sometimes as we get all wrapped up in whatever the hot topic is going on some particular day. Whether its Obamacare, Middle East tensions to the naming of Kim and Kanye's baby. Yes we should be involved and concerned with decisions that our government makes that effects our daily lives but we have to remember that at the end of the day we are in this together and should work more together to solve problems and not fight to destroy each other.
 
When those planes hit there was no black, no white, no conservative, no liberal difference between any of the people that died. Just that they were like you and I, mothers and fathers, husbands and wives that lost their lives to an undeserved death. We as Americans need to never forget what happened that day but at the same time not to make the same mistakes that might cause it to happen again. Today we remember how we felt 12 years ago but when the sun rises on the 12th day of September will you or I feel less affected by it because it is no longer the 11th? Do we need a day to remember what happened? We shouldn't and I am not without fault as I get caught up in all the political nonsense that happens everyday and get worked up about it. This happens because I care about our country and feel that our leadership from the far left to the far right are leading us into a dark whole in this world. I don't want to have multiple days that I need to remember when something tragic has happened due to a strike on our country which becomes increasingly more and more likely with the current climate in the world.
 
I can go on and on about how I feel things are going or have went since that day but I have to remember and hopefully you do too that what happened was terrible and we must remember all those that lost their lives and the families that were affected that day and continually are affected by it. Take a moment to thank whoever you pray to that you are alive and well and can read this and realize how lucky you are to be alive in this great country and you have the right to think what you think. Remember that day today and everyday and not just when 9/11 rolls around every year and never forget those that sacrificed their lives so we might live ours. God Bless them and everyone that loved them and those that they loved and God Bless you and your loved ones this and everyday.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment