Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Card of the Day - Topps All-Time Fan Favorites : Joe Pignatano Autograph

Second card I picked up at Frank and Sons is one Joe Pignatano.

When I saw the card I said who? Not going to lie and give some story about him and his playing days. Didn't recognize the name but I recognized the jersey. It said Dodgers and I had to acquire it. I had to look him up and I found out he played for the Dodgers during parts of 4 years in the late 1950's and 1960 before retiring in 1962 with the Mets. He does have a World Series ring to his name as he was part of the 1959 winning Dodgers, so there is that. This is someone I would never have looked for but since it was in the box that I was searching I decided to pick it up at $8 like I did Bob Welch. Either way its another signature added to the collection and that is a good thing.


One happy dude. Life is good as a Dodger.

No comments:

Post a Comment