Thursday, September 26, 2013

State of the Dodgers : Man Stabbed and Killed After Dodger/Giant Game Yesterday


Really people?
I hate the Giants with a passion and hate the colors they sport. I bleed blue through and through no matter how well or how bad they do. But I know this is a game and I go to them to be entertained and enjoy the company I am with and hopefully get some autographs. I do not go to them to get beat almost to death ala Brian Stow from a couple years ago or killed like last night when Jonathan Denver, a Dodger fan, was stabbed to death after the game.

It's baseball people and you may support and debate the qualities of your team and the limitations of the other to the end of time but when people's own safety is threatened then it's time to look in the mirror. There is nothing wrong with shit talking or harassing other team's fans but you have to know when enough is enough.

I was in San Francisco last week while the Dodgers were getting their asses handed to them by the Giants and I stopped into a local eatery for lunch and was surrounded by Giant fans. And guess what? I enjoyed my time as they talked the talk about what was happening on tv between our two teams and I shot back about how they were doing for the season in general. And it was all in good fun. Never got hostile and I left right after the Dodgers lost again. I didn't pull a knife or go all gangster and kick them until they needed medical attention. No, we were all civil and enjoyed it for what it was, A GAME !!!

There is probably no way that this stabbing gets the national attention that the Brian Stow beating has and is still getting and that is sad. Both incidents should never have happened. The person that stabbed Jonathan to death should go to jail for the rest of his life as he took someone else's and affected that person's whole family. The two idiots that beat up Brian Stow should be thrown in jail until Brian is fully recovered and if that is never than so be it. You die in jail. I should not have to think about death when I go to a ball game at anytime. Things are a lot more safer now and hopefully this is a one time occurrence but even with that the killer needs to be dealt with to the fullest extent of the law.

We do not know what happened between Brian and his attackers and Jonathan and his killers though we can guess there was talking going on between all parties and not one person was fully innocent but when the line is crossed into physical harm then something needs to be done to stop this. God rest his soul for Jonathan and may Brian make a full recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment