Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Card of the Day - 2013 Finest : Yasiel Puig 1993 Retro Insert

Finally caught the big Dodger fish in the 2013 Finest 1993 retro insert set. One Yasiel Puig.

As stated numerous times I just love the look of these and my need to acquire all of the Dodgers. Still needed 4 more to complete the set but two of them, Ryu and Puig, were always going to be the priciest to get my hands on.

Yasiel's card hit the ground running with the card closing on eBay for over $30 and some hitting as high as $40. Again with no price guide you had to go with your gut. Mine told me to hold onto my (wild) horses and wait until the price came down. After watching weeks of various copies going for $30+ I started to see it dip below that threshold. I still lost out on a few auctions but I was getting closer. One late night ( east coast was sleeping, yeah ) I was locked into an auction and when it ended I had won it for less than a blaster pack. Patience once again became a good virtue. Now to get my hands on the other 3 complete the set.

No comments:

Post a Comment