Monday, January 20, 2014

Signed Ball of the Day - Player Appearance Recap : Cecil Fielder @ OC Sportscards / Harry's Dugout ( ROMLB Sweet Spot )

This past Saturday Harry's Dugout along with OC Sportscards co-promoted a public signing with Cecil Fielder in Anaheim. Though Cecil never wore the Dodger blue the price was reasonable and I wanted to acquire my first autograph of the new calendar year. I also wanted to complete a trade with DodgerBobble that had been on hold for awhile.

Cecil was due to start signing at noon but arrived a few minutes later than his scheduled time. No biggie as the line was short. Talked to a few familiar faces as the wife and I waited for Cecil and once he arrived the line moved briskly. Got up to the table and handed Cecil a ball and he signed on the sweet spot as requested. Though Cecil and I said a few words between us and he was cordial and all he never looked up from signing the ball. A small quirk for me but he was nice enough. Asked if he would take a picture with me and he responded with "no problem". Wife took the picture ( so finally a clear one for the book ) and I said thank you and moved on. Thank you again for Harry's Dugout and OC Sportscards for hosting the event and thank you again to Cecil for attending. 2014 autograph hunting has officially begun.


Big Daddy Cecil and I




2 comments: