Usually with the certificate that I earn with eBay I usually buy a few things that I want/need off eBay but since this quarter is calendar timed with Christmas I knew I would have some gift cards coming my way via family. I started my search in early December for something "special". I wasn't focused on any one item but I kept circling back to a few to see what the status was on them as the month progressed. This was one of them and in the end the one that received my full attention.
I had already been able to acquire a gem mint Puig card through luck and hustle as seen HERE and in the end I might sell it off since I have acquired this beauty. Even with the pretty silver on black autograph in my collection my favorite combination is still the blue parallel autograph versions of Bowman Chrome. I had seen various auctions of this card for months now and didn't think I would be able to get my hands on a copy anytime soon but with bucks and gift cards in the equation I thought it might still be a possibility. A particular seller had this card on a buy it now auction with a best offer available. Every week or so he kept lowering his asking price and I expected someone to snatch it up but no one ever did. Days came and went and then around the middle of December it settled at a price that I thought I could negotiate down from and possibly get it. The question now was would the seller allow me to lock into a price we both agreed on and then not expect payment for close to 3 weeks?
Well it was finally offer time and when I finally sent mine in to the seller had already received 26 different offers and rejected all but one which was still pending. I had a limit of what was an acceptable selling price so I sent him an offer well below that with the understanding it would either be outright rejected or hopefully countered if not accepted. Wishful thinking on the accepting. As expected he didn't accept but thankfully he countered and at the price I thought he would which was a few dollars less than my ceiling. Asked him if I accepted if he would allow me those extra 3 weeks to get all the funds together as I would stand by my feedback that I was a man of my word and he thankfully did. January 3rd came around and with gift cards in hand, eBay bucks earned and books and balls being sold to compensate the difference I paid for my personal "holy grail" of Puig autograph cards. A week later it came in and now the only decision I have to make is do I sell of the other one or keep both? Shout out to the family who contributed to my acquisition of this fine card.
Shiny blue Puig
Great blue on card signature
9 point freaking 5 Gem Mint. Oh Yeah !