Friday, May 1, 2015

BGS Result Update Number Five - 2010 Allen and Ginter : Andrew McCutchen Mini Frame Autograph Now Graded Mint 9.0


2010 Allen and Ginter McCutchen Mini Frame Autograph

Well with the iffy card of the batch out of the way we come to the couple that are borderline in the thinking of gem mint status but leaning more than not. This will probably be my one and only McCutchen autograph in my collection so it would be nice if it would come back with a gold banner. I don't see anything wrong with it other than one corner slightly not sharper but its not bent so my thinking is if anything the corner sub grade gets a 9.

Full Submission Result and Thoughts :



Going in I knew that this might not grade out to a gem mint even though I still held out hope it would. I knew that one corner seemed a tad damaged but I crossed my fingers that it would come back with 9 and everything else came in with a 9.5. Well the results came in and though the latter happened the former did not.

The card did indeed earn 3 9.5's which I had hope/thought it would but the corner sub grade came in at an 8.5 which drove the overall grade down to a plain old overall mint 9. I may or may not try a re grade on this to see if I could get that corner to bump up that extra .5 but with my past history on that technique I definitely will only do it with the card still in the case and not by cracking it open and resubmitting. It's still a great looking card, gem mint or not.


Not a gem but still a nice 9

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

1 comment:

  1. Do you know the value of this Andrew McCuthchen card?
    Thanks,
    Kerri

    ReplyDelete