Tuesday, May 5, 2015

BGS Result Update Number Seven - 2014 Bowman Draft : Julio Urias Base Chrome Blue Refractor Parallel Now Graded Gem Mint 9.5


Original pic and thoughts :



2014 Bowman Chrome Draft Blue Parallel

Same card, different color. The reason I have more confidence in this blue one than the black one is that this one does not look off centered to me. I still believe both will gem mint but this one I am more sure of. 

Result and thoughts :


This is the 6th submission result post out of 15 and is that a gold banner I see on this here card? Why yes it is. Only 5 of the cards earned a silver (mint) banner which means the rest are golds as I always go through the silvers before reaching the golds. Woo Hoo.

So by what order do I go through the remaining cards? Why by the expectancy of earning gold status for each card and this Urias comes in 1st as in my mind it was "guaranteed" to be gem mint. It is always nice to get the grade you expect and once again I was not disappointed in the result.

As with Seager I am trying/doing the Bowman Chrome "rainbow" for Urias as well. I actually haven't counted how many there are considering there are two sets of regular size cards to hunt down and minis as well. Well I can check another one of the list of certified mint/gem mint for the collection as Urias as expected came back in fine gold 9.5 form.

Full Submission Result and Thoughts :


Six down and twelve posts to go and we have reached the gem mint portion of the results. Woo Hoo. 1st up is the Dodgers 18 year old pitching phenom, Julio Urias.

I expected this blue beauty to come back gem mint but I didn't think it would be that close to not being one. While there was a 10 sub grade there was also a 9 but thankfully they were matched up with two 9.5's to earn on overall 9.5. If one of those 9.5 would have come back a 9 then I would have had a plain old mint Urias. While nice, that would have not been what I expected to see. Instead I get to add yet another gem mint card to my ever growing Urias collection.


Mmm . . . gemy

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

1 comment: