Saturday, May 30, 2015

Card of the Day - 2014 Bowman Chrome : Clayton Kershaw Base Bubble Refractor Parallel (60/99)


Bubbles?
Who wants bubbles?

I sure didn't when I heard of this new parallel that came out in last year's Bowman Chrome release. They are enough parallels for me to chase after and when I saw these on line they did not strike my fancy. Of course that can change when an opportunity presents itself and that is what happened when I ended up acquiring this interesting card.

This card books for $40 but have seen eBay sales anywhere from $10-$17/18 but again I had no interest in it. One day I decided to make a dent in my base refractor needs from this same set (they don't get their own post) and continued to browse the seller's inventory for other Dodgers and specifically Kershaw and Joc. Didn't find any Jocs but I did find this Kershaw and he wasn't asking much for it (BIN auction) and considering shipping was free and I was getting a break on the overall price due to the bulk purchase I added this to my stack.

Once in hand it confirms my need to not pursue the other Dodgers (just not as nice as blues and blacks) but I am happy that if I was to have one of these it is of Kid K. Card looks to be in great condition and I might even see what it grades out to when BGS heads back into my area. I scratched my bubble itch and now can move on and not look back for more.


60 of 99

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment