Friday, May 22, 2015

Card of the Day - 2014 Bowman Chrome : Julio Urias Base Purple Refractor Parallel (72/199)


Another hit for the Bowman Chrome rainbow set that I am trying/will complete for Julio Urias.

For long time readers you know I am trying to complete the color parallels for both Urias and Seager and I was lucky to acquire the purple Seager on a trade with Luis last year which in turn graded out to a BGS 9. That is the other thing, I am not only trying to do the rainbow but to also have them at least come back from BGS mint and hopefully gem mint. Thankfully mint is usually obtainable and even on it's worst day I think this Urias will earn that with gem mint being a decent possibility.

With the prices of all Urias cards going up I wanted/need to lock these down before he hits the majors and they will get yet another price bump. This card could be had for less than $7 a couple of months ago but at that time I wasn't collecting them. Ugh. This one put me back a little over $12 but with comic codes (as always) in hand it didn't cost me anything out of pocket.

One more down and many, many more to go. A fun but long project continues.


72 of 199

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment