Sunday, May 10, 2015

Card of the Day - 2014 Allen and Ginter : Yasiel Puig Mini Metal Parallel


Another unique and hard to acquire card is now my possession. Even though I knew of these metal minis when they were released last year I had forgotten to look for one for my collection as they were and can still be very high priced. Well thanks to a previous trade and a different purchase with an eBay seller I kept an eye out on any new cards he put up on the bay and found this one to my liking.

I passed on this card for our trade as I wanted the gem mint Kershaw more but I knew he was going to put this up for sale on eBay within a few days on a traditional auction. He had it up various times on BIN auctions but he never received a bite on it so he went this way and with it I knew I would be watching it closely with the hope it could be had at a reasonable price.

Since these are not numbered no one really knows (other than Topps) how many copies there are. Some people put it in the 5-10 range while others say it's a little more. Either way, there are not many and I already saw one sell on eBay so I didn't know how many chances I would have to pick this card up. Once again I was armed with comic sale funds and I had a higher than usual ceiling on what I was willing to spend. With seconds left I put my bid in and even though 2 more people bid on it after me, my bid ended up winning the card.

Met up with the seller in person and talked shop and when he handed over the card I knew just like the others on I received from him on early transactions that this was being earmarked for BGS grading. He keeps his cards in tip top shape and would love to see this come back in 9.5 form but if it came back a 9 I would not be surprised or disappointed as these metal cards at times have edge issues.

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin


No comments:

Post a Comment