Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Card of the Day - 2014 Topps Chrome : Mike Trout Base Black Refractor Parallel (4/100)


This card has been a long time coming. I have searched high and low to acquire this fine looking card and each and every time I was outbid at the last moment or I just wasn't comfortable with the high price that were on BIN auctions. Well I can move on as I have finally been able to get my hands on a copy for my collection.

Surprisingly the book value for this card is "only" $25 but I haven't seen it go that low in any auction I came across. Some of the ones I lost out on went as high as $50. While limited (100) I wasn't overly worried about winning me a copy but the months kept going by and I still wasn't able to win me one. Copies started to dry up on the bay and thought my window was closing and this was the last big card to check off my list of 2014 Topps Chrome. Tick tick tick...

Guess I picked the right time to be on eBay when I saw this one pop up. A seller had this on a BIN auction but also had a best offer option. Buy or barter? I risked someone else swooping in by negotiating with the seller but thankfully he was online at the time and after 30 minutes of back and forth we agreed on a price and within a few days I received my final black gem of the 2014 set. In person this card is even better looking than the pictures and is now ear marked for BGS.


4 of 100

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment