Friday, May 29, 2015

Card of the Day - 2015 Topps Tribute : Joc Pederson Autographed Black Printing Plate (1/1)


Up till late last year I had never owned a serialized one of one card and now I have two of them.

As I alluded in yesterday's Bryant post I picked up two cards for the sale of my one BGS pristine Bryant card and this is the second of the two and it's a dozy.

For those that have not heard this years 2015 Tribute issue has been totally recalled by Topps due to a quality issue involving most of the autograph cards. They used a new process to enhance the cards but instead it caused bubbling and smearing issues instead. Instead of the continued bad press they decided to issues refunds and take back their cards. Even with that there were a lot of cards that made their way onto eBay and thankfully that day and at that time I was searching for a Joc autograph.

I had just acquired the BGS 9.5 refractor of Bryant and wanted to land one more "great" looking card and since I was behind on Joc autographs and Joc cards in general when compared to my Seager and Urias collection I figured I would look for a nice Joc auto. Typed in "Joc auto" into the search box and this was the 1st card to pop up as it had been live on the bay for the grand total of 15 minutes. I knew of the Tribute issues but at the same time this is a printing plate so they would not be applying their new procedure to this "card". The autograph was clean with no issues and corners looked sharp. It was a BIN auction so I hit the button and completed the transaction and had the card in hand within a week.

After the card was in hand I went back and looked at sales of autographed plates and Joc cards in general from the Tribute release and all I can say is I scored a great deal as this card was highly under sold to me and I couldn't be happier. I plan to get this graded by BGS and unlike a lot of plates that seem to have surface issues this one looks great in person. I expect no less than a gem mint return. Not too shabby for no money out of pocket. Thank you again to Kris Bryant and his pristine grade. Ha Ha.


One
of
One

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

6 comments:

  1. Good luck with grading that.
    Most printing plates don't grade well (for obvious reasons) but that one should get a pretty nice one, for a plate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      I 100% with you. Most plates dont grade well and my other two that I have of lesser players I never bothered to send in. But this looks very clean and from a recalled product with problems at that.

      Delete
  2. Very nice. Glad you got a nice Dodger with the leftover cash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      Always nice to pick up something when there is no charge to it. Time to knock on wood for a good grade. Submitting it at the end of June

      Delete