Tuesday, May 19, 2015

BGS Result Update Number Fourteen - 2011 Gypsy Queen : Clayton Kershaw Mini Leather Parallel (2/10) Now Graded Gem Mint 9.5

Original pic and thoughts :



2011 Gypsy Queen

My new favorite mini in my collection and what would complete my happiness? Why a gem mint grade of course. Only 10 of these cards are in existence and not one has been graded yet by BGS. I would love to have the only one to be a gem mint and I think it has a tremendous chance at that. I see no flaws so we shall see what BGS thinks.

Result and thoughts :


Even though this was lower on the list of earning a gem mint grade I would have been very disappointed if it didn't earn at least a 9.5. This card, as stated before, is my new favorite NON autograph of Kershaw and with it being numbered out of only 10 and none being graded so far I wanted to be 1st and possible the only one to achieve gold status. Thankfully I did just that.

I find it kind of funny that BGS kept it in its mini rigid holder and placed it into their holder. Just like the Piazza Dynasty card I wonder if they ever took it out or graded it while it was in the holder? Don't know and don't care as I got the grade I wanted. Obviously I submitted to BGS for slabbing and I am curious to see the sub grades as I didn't see a flaw so I wonder how close to pristine it was. Ah, pristine, to this day I only have one card that earned that elusive grade and this would have been a great one to make it 2. It wasn't meant to be but I am more than happy with this card's results.

Final Submission Result and Thoughts :


Even though my batch did include some pristines I was kind of surprised that this was not one of them. When I submitted it I could see nothing wrong with it and wondered how close it got to earning that hard to obtain 10. With it now back in hand I see it wasn't that close but I am still very happy with the end result.

This card is numbered out of only 10 and this is now the only one that has been graded and thankfully it came back in a gold banner. It is a strong 9.5 as it earned 3 9.5 sub grades and 1 10. Centering was one that I thought was perfect but that was one of the 3 9.5's but I am not going to complain as when I submitted it all I wanted was a 9.5 and that is what I got back. Great card got better


Leatherly goodness

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment