Saturday, May 23, 2015

BGS Result Update Number Sixteen - 2011 Allen and Ginter : Clayton Kershaw Mini Bazooka Parallel (10/25) Now Graded PRISTINE 10

Original pic and thoughts :



2011 Allen and Ginter Bazooka Mini

Now for the six cards that I just "know" will grade out to a gem mint 9.5. Of course I've said that before and some have come back lower but on the other hand I have thought some cards would crap out on me but they received a 9.5 instead so you just never know.

This Bazooka card is numbered out of 25 and I so love these low numbered cards to earn 9.5's as if you have one chances are they can't all be perfect so you could have one of only a handful. This being Kershaw just wants me to have gold banner even more. 

Result and thoughts :


I wanted a gold banner for this card and basically expected it. It earning a 10 though was not on my mind but I am not gonna turn it down.

With this card being numbered to only 25 I made the decision to include it into this batch as I usually want all my numbered Kershaws to be graded. As with yesterday's Urias card I am more than happy that it came back with a perfect 10 and now the only question is did it earn a black label 10 or an old plain 10? Either way it doesn't matter to me (yes I would prefer black label) as anytime you can add a 10 to your collection, especially one that you didn't expect, it is a good day. 

Final Submission Result and Thoughts :


Post sixteen and I have 3 left to showcase. They are all pristine 10's so the only question is would one of them get the even harder to acquire new black label from BGS? Pristine means at least 3 of the sub grades are a 10 with the other being 9.5. Nothing more, nothing less. A black label is where all the sub grades are 10's but with raw grades just giving you the final grade you don't know if it earned a black label or not. Even if none of them earned a black label I am more than ecstatic to add 3 more Pristines to my collection as prior to these I had only one to call my own.

The other Pristine I have in my collection is of Yasiel Puig and whether it was now or later I always wanted to have a Kershaw in that club as well. While there are other Kershaws that I would have loved to get an overall 10 I can't hate on the fact that this limited and numbered out of 25 and is now my 1st pristine Kershaw. 


The sub grades were posted and sad to say it was the old "boring" non black label pristine that this card earned. Ha Ha. Nonetheless a great addition to my collection.


10 of 25
but
1 of 1 graded gem mint

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment