Sunday, June 28, 2015

Card of the Day - 2013 Topps Archives : Dave Parker Fan Favorites Autograph


While reading books can and usually fill your brain with knowledge or enlightenment it can also cause you to part with some pocket change and in my case especially if the book is baseball related.

I completed Up, Up and Away which is a book about the Expos franchise and Dave Parker of the Pirates played a prominent role in tormenting the young team during its early years. As I was reading the book I realized there are plenty of players being mentioned that I don't have an autograph of. Dave was one of many that I felt I needed to acquire. Off to eBay I went.

Even with 2700+ hits of this two time World Series Champion there wasn't much demand it seemd for his autograph cards. This was the first card that caught my attention and in the end the only one I had to search for. While Beckett has a value of $25 for the card sales of it on eBay are nowhere near that amount as I was able to pick this up for less than what it cost me to go to lunch.

Great on card autograph of a player that was feared in the 70's.

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment