Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Card of the Day - 2014 Bowman Draft : Alex Verdugo Base Autograph Blue Refractor Parallel (122/150) BGS Graded Gem Mint 9.5


Back to back to back Verdugo days brings us to the best of the trio with me picking up this graded gem mint autograph parallel of Alex.

This card was already on my wish list and even though I was willing to acquire it raw and then get it graded by BGS in the hope of a return of gem mint status if an already graded one was available I surely would go that route if it was feasible.

I decided to sell a few of my signed black baseballs as there were not up to snuff in my eyes so I had funds to use and found this card on the bay. At the time of this writing there are 11 copies of Verdugo's card that have been graded gem mint 9.5. I saw 2 sell already and 2 that are on BIN auctions with high asking prices. This is the only one that was on a traditional auction and I wasn't sure when another one would pop up. I decided that this is the one I "had" to have and with that I played the waiting game with the intention to snipe it at the end.

Not much action but the last 10 seconds brought about 4 separate bids but mine held up even though there was another person trying to do what I was doing by waiting for that last second. They lost, I won and with that I picked up my first Verdugo autograph.


I can never get enough of 9.5's


122 / 150

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

2 comments:

  1. Very nice. Verdugo probably won't be an All Star but he sounds like a guy who could turn into a solid major league outfielder. He's also got an impressive arm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is like the reverse Ankiel. It it doesn't work out as an OF then he can go back to pitching. Depending on OF situation in LA he may or may not ever see the MLB as a Dodger. We shall see.

      Delete