Sunday, June 14, 2015

Card of the Day - 2014 Topps Chrome : Hyun-Jin Ryu Base Black Refractor Parallel (47/100)


Man these black parallels are a real pain to track down at a reasonable price. The 2014 Topps Chrome has been on the market for months on end but up till now this is the first and only Ryu black card that I saw that started at a decent price on eBay.

All the ones I had previously seen were on BIN auctions for at least $6 and some even had that dreaded CA tax included. So a $6 card would now be $6.50 and some change. I love our Korean pitcher but not at that price. So when this particular copy showed up on eBay with a 99 cent starting asking price on a traditional auction I made sure to keep my eye on it. My ceiling was probably around $4 which was probably still a reach value wise but I was tired of pursuing this card. Thankfully when the last day of the auction came around there was only one bid and when I put mine in it raised the price to $2.24 as I was declared the winner. Woo Hoo.

Not too many more black parallels needed but this was the last big Dodger to acquie.


47 / 100

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment