Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Card of the Day - 2015 Topps Heritage : Mike Trout Base Chrome Black Refractor Parallel (3/66)


As stated in yesterday's Koufax post (and if you missed it HERE YOU GO) I still had left over funds from the Bryant sale and I wanted to pick up one last big card that would cost me nothing out of pocket. I threw a line out and caught a big fish, Mr. Trout.

This limited (66) card from this year's Heritage set was always on my list to acquire but the cost was always too high and the timing was never right when one of the few ever to make it to eBay for me to even consider purchasing it. Well I timed it right as when I decided to sell off the Bryant card this one popped up on the bay with a high starting price. I hoped to myself that with that price it would scare off other potential buyers. Last day of the auction and no bids had been put on it but there were 7 watchers so it was still on people's radar. I was not going to spend more than what I had from the Bryant sale so in other words nothing out of pocket so I would put one bid in and hope that it would stick. Per the norm I waited till the last minute and entered my bid and crossed my fingers that no one else would bid and seconds later I was rewarded with a congratulations email from eBay stating I won the card. Woo Hoo.

Card has a Beckett value from $100-$250 and I thankfully paid exactly ZERO for it. Not...too...shabby. In the end I had a Bryant rookie card and turned it into a Koufax autograph and a limited Trout card. I think I made the right decision.

If interested tomorrow I will be posting about the journey of a trade to grading and in the end these last two cards (among other things) and how I am at times able to acquire higher priced cards. Of course only if you are interested.

And finally, this lovely Trout looks great in person and other than the ever so slight corner ding on the lower right which can only be seen underneath a loop this looks to be a gem mint card and I will find out in a couple months when I do another BGS submission.


3
of
66

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment