Thursday, June 25, 2015

Card of the Day - 2015 Topps Heritage : Zack Greinke Base Chrome Black Refractor Parallel (25/66)


Look at that smirk...
What does he know that we don't?
I do know that I finally was able to pick up Zack's card after many failed pursuits of other copies as they kept getting gobbled up far above my comfort level.

It has been awhile but I acquired this card on a best offer auction after about 30 minutes of negotiating between the seller and I. Book has this at $25 which I think is at least $10 too high but what the seller was asking for was reasonable. Of course since he attached a best offer option I wanted to see if I could shave off a few dollars.

I found this card on eBay about 15 minutes after it went live so that might have worked in my favor as I sent him an offer which he promptly countered. Still reasonable and the price was going lower but I sent him another counter at the midway point and told him I would pay him ASAP. Not a minute later I received the eBay email that he accepted and as promised I hit the "pay now" button and sent over the funds. Literally 3 days later from across the country the card was in my hands. One of the fastest transactions from beginning to end in recent memory for me. I am down to 3 black refractors left to acquire.


25
/
66

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

3 comments:

  1. He has the arm of a Cy Young winner and the smile of a serial killer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice card! Just wash your hands after you use the bathroom.

    ReplyDelete