Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Card of the Day - 2014 Bowman Draft : Alex Verdugo Base Silver Wave Parallel (19/25)


As stated in yesterday's post there was another card that I wanted/needed to par with the blue Verdugo to make the transaction a success and a "steal". Thankfully I did indeed win the card and this is it. A nice low numbered parallel and it's of Verdugo as well.

Back to back Verdugo days and the camera light catches the colors of this card perfectly. There are only 25 copies of this card out there and since it is neither blue or black it was not on my wish list but once I saw it and knowing I could cut the cost to acquire by combining it with another card (the blue parallel) I decided to pursue it.

Knowing I already had the blue one in hand meant I could go a little higher for this card. With 5 different bids on it already the price was still in the mid single digits so I knew I had a decent chance of winning this card. Seconds left and I put my bid in and the winning price was no where near my ceiling which made the now 2 card transaction that much sweeter. This card looks even better in person and like most recent transactions it is also has been ear marked for BGS when they hit town again.


19 of 25

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment