Thursday, June 4, 2015

Card(s) of the Day - 2010 Allen and Ginger : Max Scherzer Mini Frame Autograph Plus Some Relic Cards


I've been wanting and searching for an autograph of Tiger (edit: now he is a National, shows you how long ago I wrote this up) pitcher Max Scherzer to add to the collection and I narrowed my focus to two brands, Allen and Ginter and Five Star. Never could find the right card at the right price till now and not only did I score the autograph but received some bonus relic cards as well.

Though I am no longer looking for relic/patch cards (exception being if there is an autograph on the card as well) I will acquire them with open arms if they are free or throw ins. That basically was the case with this transaction.

I finally found a card that was in my price range. Looking further into the auction I noticed that there were 3 relic cards also included in the package. The title of the auction was a tad mislabeled so that might have been a reason why there wasn't much traffic on it so with that I thought I would have a pretty good chance at the cards. A week later I did indeed win the card I really wanted and then some spares. All for a fraction of book "value". The autograph card is mine but all the relics are available for trade.


2014 Allen and Ginter Green Relic


Twins from 2013 Allen and Ginter

Have a great and blessed day and thank you for reading.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment