Tuesday, December 22, 2015

BGS Submission Result Number THIRTY-TWO - 2015 Topps : Clayton Kershaw Series 2 Base (MVP Award) Framed Parallel (17/20) Now Graded Pristine 10


2015 Topps Series 2 Clayton Kershaw Framed MVP /20

Is it wrong for me to expect a pristine return? Well if it is I then say I expect a solid gem mint then as I see nothing wrong with this card. With the Trout framed card there is the smallest of surface issue that I saw but with this Kershaw one I see absolutely nothing. Half way expect a pristine but will be happy with a 9.5 to pare with my other Kershaw framed cards.


Well, well, well... As stated in the above paragraph is it wrong to expect a 10 on a card that has a metal frame which should eliminate any issues with corners and edges? No it is not and look what I got back from BGS? Yup, another pristine for the Kershaw collection. The only "problem" is that I still have not received a black label 10 (all sub grades being a 10) from Beckett so the wait continues on that front.

While most of my framed parallels (all 9.5's) probably do not get that big of a bump in value from being certified as gem mint this Kershaw might be an exception as pristines tend to garner bigger bucks on auction sites. Don't get me wrong, this card is going nowhere anytime soon but it is always nice to know what I can get for it if I have to part ways with it.

Of all the framed parallels of Kershaw (4) I am glad that if I was to have 1 as a pristine this is the one as it celebrates his 1 and probably only MVP season. It was the perfect storm when he won the award and I just can't see him winning another no matter how well he does in a future season as there are too many good young hitters. But you never know.


Mmm... Pristine return

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment