Sunday, December 13, 2015

Card of the Day - 2014 Bowman Chrome : Julio Urias Base Chrome Gold Refractor Parallel (49/50) BGS Graded Mint 9


I recently picked up the draft prospects gold parallel of Urias but I was still on the look out for the base chrome version which is also numbered out of only 50. The base chrome is sought out more than the draft prospects version so for the 1st time in my pursuit of the rainbow for Urias I picked up a non gem mint card.

I have been lucky so far as the Urias cards in my collection have graded out to a 9.5 (and in one case a 10) and I've been able to pick up other colors at a minimal hassle but I finally had to bite the bullet and get a silver banner which is OK as my main goal was to get these in mint condition with gem mint being a bonus. Thankfully with most people shying away from this card (or so it seemed) because it was not a gem mint there was not that much of a bidding war for it.

I didn't feel like waiting till the last moment to put my bid in and I had a set amount I was comfortably with so with more than 20 minutes left in the auction I put my high bid in and I was in the lead. Surprisingly 20 minutes later no one else placed a bid and I ended up with the card. I'm really making inroads on this project and all these colors looked great next to each other.


Gold on gold so much better but silver is OK


49
of
50

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment