Monday, December 28, 2015

Card of the Day - 2013 Bowman Inception : Corey Seager Base Autograph BGS Graded Mint 9.0


While I am fully invested in finishing off my Bowman Chrome rainbow project for Seager I have had another rainbow project going on as well but it has not been as pressing as the BC one. This is due to the fact that it is from the Bowman Inception brand and for those that don't know that is an all autograph set AND notoriously has condition issues. That makes it a pricier and riskier project to invest time in but I continue to look for cards and I came up with this one on a steal.

I owned a blue version but was not satisfied with an 8.5 from BGS (we all know my quirks on at least getting a mint 9) and I have the gold and orange parallels that both scored 9's but even though I have owned this base card before in raw form I never had it in a BGS case till now (mine had semi rounded corners). The card books from $25-50 in ungraded form but I rarely see them on BGS encased so when this one popped up I kept an eye on it. The trend that I see is that people want gem mint or nothing at all so if you look hard enough you can pick up a deal way below book which is what happened here.


Minty Nine

Since I only want/need mint 9's of this card in my collection (and to be honest a 9.5 is an achievement if you can get it as these have all sorts of chipping problems) I had no issue with this card's silver banner. At the end of the auction I won this for below high book and even some raw versions that sold a couple days before and after this card. I am perfectly happy with a mint 9 in hand instead of acquiring another raw one and crossing my fingers for a good return.


Auto Ten

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment