Saturday, December 19, 2015

Trade with a Friend - Franz : 2013 Bowman Inception Corey Seager Base Autograph Red Parallel (9/10)


The handshake

I look at this picture and by no means am I "big" but that Dodger hoodie sure makes me look like I am bigger than I really am. It was a cold December morning when I arrived at Dodger Stadium for a signing event so I decided to wear my thick hoodie. So yeah, that is my explanation on why I look like I have a big ass belly. Now onto the reason of this post, a baseball card of course.


While the Bowman Chrome rainbow project is my main priority when it comes to Corey Seager I am still slowly trying to do the same thing with the Bowman Inception brand but it is a little harder to accomplish as Inceptions are autographs only which means a higher cost to acquire them.

Franz and I have been friends for years but this is our 1st trade for us as our collecting habits are different as I focus more on cards now and he focuses more on IP autographs. One day I noticed that he commented to a IG post and referenced this card which I was still looking to acquire at a good deal. This is the red parallel which has a print run of just 10. A low number like that means a higher dollar amount attached to it. I had only seen 2 on eBay and the 1 that is still active is way too much for my liking but when Franz mentioned he had one I inquired to see of its availability. He wanted to hold onto it but was willing to move it for the "right" price. Woo hoo.

We agreed to a trade/purchase value but I told him if there was anything in my collection that could knock down the out of pocket costs for me please inform me. That started a week of back and forth IG texts as the cards he picked I had already gotten rid of as I changed the direction of my collecting habits. We finally agreed on a Bowman Sterling Seager autograph that he was happy to acquire and with that the trade was final. A Seager autograph and some cash for him and a spiffy red parallel autograph for me.

This red beauty is now ear marked for grading and while I think there is a 50/50 shot it comes back as a 9.5/9 I will be happy with a mint return since the print run is so small and it was a good deal for the both of us. Thank you again to Franz for letting this bad boy go. It's in good hands.


Nine
of
Ten

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment