Wednesday, December 23, 2015

BGS Submission Result Number THIRTY-THREE - 2015 Topps Chrome : Mike Trout Base Photo Variation Now Graded Pristine 10


2015 Topps Chrome Mike Trout Photo Variation

The Trouts keep on coming for this batch and after 3 years of tracking down a photo variation of Mr. AL MVP I have high hopes that it will come back as a gem mint beauty. Chrome is usually good to me in these submission but the last one I had a 2014 Chrome of Mike and it came back as a disappointing mint 9. The only thing I see that could possibly give this card a problem is that one of the corners is not the sharpest but you can only see that under a loop so we shall see what Beckett thinks.



... and we reach the pinnacle of the BGS submission mountain and I am doing what Mr. Trout it doing in the this Topps Chrome photo variation, celebrating.

This batch bore 2 pristine results for my collection but even though I favor Dodger players over most others Mike gets the nod over yesterday's Kershaw pristine return as Clayton's card has a metal border which in my eyes is "easier" to earn a pristine grade than a more traditional one aka card stock variety.

The only thing that is missing from this card result is that it is not a black label pristine which has all 4 sub grades earning a 10. I have more than a handful of 10's in my collection now but I have yet to get my hands on a black label. I know someday I will get one and when that comes I hope it is on an already valuable card which would see its value go up even more with a black label.

I technically hit this one right on the mark as well as I stated in the original write up that the corners were the only thing "wrong" with the card and that indeed is the only grade that did not earn a 10. This is my first pristine return for my Trout collection and hopefully not my last. I picked this card up on a bargain and I am confident if I decided to flip it I could probably at least double what I "paid" for it.


.5 from perfection

And with this post we have reached the end of my most recent and biggest BGS submission which when taken as a whole came out quite well. Would have I liked some better results on some cards? Of course I would have but when most of the cards come back as 9.5's with a sprinkling of a couple of 10's then it is a successful submission in my eyes.

I hope you enjoyed reading about all of the cards and with this being December now we are only a couple months away from my next submission which at present "only" has 10 cards in the stack. = )

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment