Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Card of the Day - 2012 Topps Museum : Clayton Kershaw Archival Autograph Photo B (46/100)


Hopefully the second go around will result with a more satisfactory ending when I eventually get this card graded by Beckett the next time they are in town.

Back in 2012 Topps released two different photo Archival autographs of Kershaw in that year's Museum release and I landed photo "A" as a BGS mint 9.0 way back in September of 2014 in a steal of a deal on eBay. Being the completest I have been on the hunt for photo "B" for some time and I actually did land a copy late last year but when I sent it in to Beckett to get it graded with the hope to pare it up with its "brother" I was disappointed when it came back with a grade of NM 8.5. I couldn't have that in my collection so I promptly cracked it out of its case and sold it raw and recouped my costs. Since then I have been on the look out for a replacement and finally over a year later I landed another copy.

The eBay seller promised sharp corners which they do have though the centering is a tad off I have a good feeling that I finally found the right card to pare with the other and hopefully will see that come true when I send it to Beckett for grading. Either way though as with the first one I did not keep I picked this up on a slow day on my favorite auction site for a deal and if worse comes to worse I will sell it back and try again but I'm crossing my fingers that it doesn't come to that.


46
of
100

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment