Friday, December 18, 2015

BGS Submission Result Number THIRTY - 2014 Allen Ginter : Yasiel Puig Base Mini Parallel Metal Variant Now Graded Gem Mint 9.5


2014 Allen Ginter Yasiel Puig Mini Metal /10?

Here is another card that could go either way and one that was going to go the raw review route first before I changed my mind. Metal cards have a history of having surface issues which obviously affect grades from BGS and since I haven't seen any of these Ginter cards in person other than this one I have none to reference when it comes to the surface. I think there is nothing wrong with it nor anything else on the card for that matter but I am not going to hold my breath. I think it could and should be a gem mint card but at the same time BGS can come back and say no and slap an 8.5 on it. Well here's hoping for the former and not the latter.



The biggest jump of the batch comes from yet another Ginter for the week which also closes the 6th and final "full" week of BGS results as next week there are only 3 to show off.

I had this Puig card pegged 2nd to last in the hopes of earning a gem mint grade but this mini did just that and I have added yet another great looking card of the Dodger who's career is at a crossroads. I really thought this card would come back as a 9 at most with my thoughts already looking downwards to a near mint 8.5. Metal cards have a history of having surface issues and with a brushstroke looking design on this card I had no idea if that would affect the grade. Well in the end surface did indeed have the lowest grade of the 4 but thankfully it was a 9 and coupled with 3 9.5's it earned on overall 9.5 grade. Not too shabby for a card I had little hopes of doing well.

I have moved on from Puig cards as of this write up so if this card is not gone by the time this post goes live it is available for purchase if anyone is interested.


Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment