Thursday, December 17, 2015

BGS Submission Result Number TWENTY-NINE - 2015 Allen Ginter : Mike Trout Base Mini Parallel Red Border Variant (38/40) Now Graded Gem Mint 9.5


2015 Allen Ginter Mike Trout Mini Red Border /40

Another Ginter but one that I have just a little higher hope that it will grade to gem mint compared to the flag back Kershaw. The only issue I see that might arise is that it is not perfectly centered but its not too bad. Corners look good and surface seems fine other than the fact that there seems to be some blotches but I have seen that on a lot of these so I'm thinking it's part of the process. Here's hoping I am right.



Yesterday it was Kershaw and his red A/G mini and now today it's Trout's turn in red A/G mini form. On the original post I had this Trout one position lower than the Kershaw as I believed it was in lesser quality than Clayton's. BGS agreed with me as Trout "only" earned quad 9.5's while Kershaw scored 2 10's to go along with 2 9.5's. If all my BGS returns were like this one when I consider it a "downgrade" from another card I would be ecstatic. 

Even though Kershaw's has 2 10's on his card compared to none on Trout's here, on the aftermarket the gem mint grading most likely helps the Trout card more than the Kershaw even though Clayton's is in "better" condition. That's just food for thought but neither card is leaving my collection anytime soon as both players are 2 of my 4 primary collections.


9.5 all around

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment