Monday, December 14, 2015

BGS Submission Result Number TWENTY-SIX - 2013 Bowman Chrome : Corey Seager Base Chrome Gold Refractor Parallel (32/50) Now Graded Gem Mint 9.5


2013 Bowman Chrome Corey Seager Gold Refractor /50

When I first acquired this card I thought it had a great chance to earn a 9.5 grade and once I took it out of it's plastic holder to clean up the surface (dust, fingerprints, etc) I still come away with that thinking. The card might be ever so slightly off centered but not enough to knock it down. Corners are crisp so I hope to add yet another gem mint card to my Seager rainbow project.



Ha ha. In my original post I stated that the card might be ever so "slightly" off centered and that would be the only sub grade that might be an "issue". Nope, instead it is the only sub grade that BGS deemed to be perfect as it scored a 10. The other 3 sub grades all earned a 9.5 which makes this a strong gem mint and a very welcome addition to my rainbow Seager collection/project that is more than half way done. While I would have been "satisfied" with merely a mint 9 grade as that is my bare minimums on this Seager project it would have annoyed me on this card because gold parallels just look better with gold banners. Silver 9's just look odd with a gold card.

This is the last Seager from this batch and a great final one at that but the next batch already has another one ready to hopefully earn another gold 9.5.


Gold card
Gold banner
Gold sub grades
A golden day indeed


Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment