Thursday, December 10, 2015

BGS Submission Result Number TWENTY-FOUR - 2015 Topps Heritage : Yasiel Puig Base Chrome Black Refractor Parallel (48/66) Now Graded Gem Mint 9.5


2015 Topps Heritage Yasiel Puig Black Refractor /66

The first of two black refractors from this year's Topps Heritage brand. Though this one is ever so slightly better centered than the other the reason Puig is up first is because the other one is Trout. Puig is good (when healthy) but Trout is great and even when hurt is still better than Puig when healthy. That said I still think Puig can and will have a very good career and I believe this is a gem mint card ready to happen and would love a gold banner atop Puig's smiling face.



Though Puig is nowhere near as hot as he was back in 2013 it would have been nice to add my second pristine 10 card of his with this black beauty but I missed that by just half a point, I was pretty confident that this would gem but I didn't think it would be that close to a 10. I might even resubmit this at the next BGS raw card review to see if I could get a bump. Value of this card is probably at its lowest right now but I still believe he will have a rebound in 2016. Of course the question is will that be with the Dodgers or another team as I think he is a candidate for a trade. We shall see.


Oh so close to pristine

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment