Monday, February 8, 2016

Card of the Day - 2011 Topps Update : Mike Trout Base Wal Mart Blue Parallel BGS Graded Gem Mint 9.5


The pursuit of acquiring all the different versions/parallels of the Trout card from the 2011 Topps Update set during the off season continues with another fine addition in the form of this blue parallel. While not numbered this is a limited parallel that could only be found in packs of cards that were sold at Wal-Mart.

I already have the diamond anniversary parallel and still haven't decided if I am going to pursue the cognac parallel (not very eye appealing to me) but the red (not numbered), gold (numbered to 2011), black (numbered to 60) and this blue one have and remain on my want list. The black I will probably never see due to its scarcity which leaves me with the other 3 colors to chase after. This blue was the 1st one to pop up on eBay for a reasonable price. It was on a BIN auction but thankfully the seller had a best offer attached to it as his asking price was too rich for my blood. Sent over a low ball offer and surprise surprise it was rejected. He actually sent over a counter that was reasonable and thankfully when I woke up the next day the card was still available as he sent the offer in the dead of night. I was one of a handful of watchers so I don't know how many other people he was negotiating with but I clicked the button and made it mine and it is now in hand.

Another great Trout pick up for the off season and hoping I can land the gold and red before the start of the 2016 season. I might circle back around to the cognac at some point but right now it is not high on the radar.


Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment