Thursday, February 11, 2016

Card of the Day - 2015 Topps Five Star : Clayton Kershaw Silver Signatures Autograph (33/50)


Silver autograph on a black background of a thick card with future hall of famer Clayton Kershaw of the Dodgers on it? Yup, it is as beautiful in person as it is when I typed that first sentence. Yet another Kershaw autograph has been added to the collection and at the rate I am going I might hit 40 by the end of the year. We shall see.

On one of my daily eBay searches for Kershaw autographs I came across this gem of a card on a BIN auction for a very reasonable price. Book has it valued from $40-100 and the price the seller was asking for was right around the low end of book. I put it on my watch list but I was the 9th to do so since the auction went live a day earlier. The reason I didn't just hit the purchase button right then and there was because I wanted to inquire about the card's condition with it being a Five Star which can have fraying issues. I reached out to the seller and hoped to receive an answer quickly so I didn't lose out on it and not 15 minutes later he relieved any concerns I had for the card and I promptly "bought" it and had it in hand a few days later.

Once I had it in front of me I believe it has a very good chance of coming back as a BGS 9.5 as you know I already had that in mind when I bought it. It's now in the stack and waiting for Beckett to come back to town next month.


Thirty-Three
of
Fifty

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

2 comments: