Monday, February 15, 2016

Card of the Day - 2013 Topps Finest : Clayton Kershaw 1993 Insert Refractor Parallel (21/25)


I totally forgot that I wanted this card for my collection and thankfully I stumbled upon it before they all disappeared into people's collection as its print run is only 25 for this retro beauty.

Back in 2013, Topps brought back the Finest brand and though I really didn't care much for the release they included this insert commemorating the 20th anniversary of the first Finest release which was and still is a favorite of mine. To think I was 19 when that set came out and now I am collecting retro cards of that set. Boy time flies.

I already have the base card of Kershaw but back in 2013 the refractor copies that I saw were too rich for my blood but now 2 years later the prices have come down and with me only focusing on Kershaw and Trout I might be able to complete this small yet important project. I didn't have a book value to go by as these are too scarce to warrant a price but when all was said and done I think I picked it up at a steal. Though the front might be a tad off center I think there is a good chance this might grade out to a gem mint. Knock on wood. Now to find that Trout refrator


Twenty-One
of
Twenty-Five

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment