Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Card of the Day - 2013 Bowman Chrome : Corey Seager Base Red Wave Refractor Parallel (23/25) BGS Graded Gem Mint 9.5


Talk about right place at the right time for the acquisition of this card which happened to be on my watch list for the better part of a year.

Even though I wasn't doing the rainbow project for Seager when I first happened upon this card I still wanted it as it was a beauty of the Dodgers young stud and with the limited print run of just 25 I felt I had to have it. The card was on a BIN auction with a best offer option attached to it and I sent him an offer and it was promptly rejected with the message that he just couldn't let it go for any less than his set amount he had in mind which was way over my ceiling. I moved on but kept the card on my list just to see how much it would sell for if and when it did. It never sold . . .


As time went on I filled in most of my rainbow colors for Seager but was still missing this card and I had not found a raw version to pick up and noticed that this one still had gone unsold. Well will funds from sales in hand from all the reconstructing of my collection on top of eBay running a special on eBucks I decided to try again for this card. I knew what his limit was last time we talked but not only was I not going to offer that amount or my previous amount offer I instead sent an even lower amount which was almost 50% less than his asking price. Not 10 minutes later he accepted with no counter.

It might have taken almost a year but my patience paid off and I secured the 2nd to last "hard" color for the project. Getting ever so close.


Twenty-Three
of
Twenty-Five

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment