Thursday, February 18, 2016

Card of the Day - 2016 Topps : Corey Seager Base Black Parallel (55/65)


My first 2016 card of the year and it's a biggie as I acquired this on a MAJOR steal on eBay as the seller did not know what the market was going to be for this card. To be fair I did not know what it would be for Seager cards in general in the just released 2016 Topps set and man was the seller wrong as well as I was.

Corey's numbered parallels, like this one, have gone through the rough on eBay and there were 2 auctions that a seller put an obscene low BIN price compared to what other copies ended up selling for. This happened to be one of them. The other for reference was a framed parallel which is numbered out of 16 (which I am still trying to acquire) that a seller had set a BIN price at $45. I was in a meeting and missed out on it as I would have scooped that up in a heartbeat as I had comic money to spend. Other framed copies have been selling in the high $200's. Man I would have loved to pick that one up at that price.

That same day this one popped up as I kept refreshing my eBay feed and the asking price was just $25. I had already seen a few sell for more than that and as of today there are a couple on eBay that are touching the triple digits. With only 65 copies these are being scooped up quickly. The only thing that bothers me about this card is that I can see a white chip on one of the corners so when BGS comes to town in a couple of weeks I will be submitting it for a raw review. I hope it will still earn an overall mint 9 which considering my purchase cost is acceptable but if for some reason it comes back as an 8.5 then I am flipping it back on eBay and try my luck at another black parallel.


Fifty-five
of
Sixty-Five

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment