Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Card of the Day - 2015 Topps Chrome : Clayton Kershaw Base Purple Refractor Parallel (220/250)


Well since I recently acquired the purple Trout from the 2015 Topps Chrome release you knew I had to "bookend" it with the purple version of Clayton Kershaw and all I had to do was wait for the right auction to come along and finally it did.

With 250 copies I knew sooner or later I would land my own purple copy but with most sellers selling this as a BIN for north of $6 I had to wait it out. Book has this at a high of $8 with a low of $3 and I was more inclined to pick it up at the lower end of that scale than the high end.

A seller finally switched this card from BIN to a traditional auction with a starting price of .99 cents. With only 2 bids I ended up with the winner for a grand total of $3 and a handful of pennies. Not too shabby as once again patience pays off.


Two Hundred and Twenty
of
Two Hundred and Fifty

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment