Thursday, February 4, 2016

Card of the Day - 2015 Topps High Tek : Clayton Kershaw Base Autograph Clouds Diffractor Parallel (5/25) BGS Graded Gem Mint 9.5


By the end of this year I hope to have at least 35-40 or so autographs of the best pitcher in baseball aka Clayton Kershaw. As I stated in an earlier Kershaw autograph post I want to someday to make the claim that I own 100 autographs of Kid K and this card's acquisition continues the long journey to that goal.

High Tek is a brand that I do not seek out when I am looking for autographs but this one popped up on one of my graded card searches and for a High Tek card its not that bad looking. The 2015 version is far and away better than the 2014 which was the brands reentry into the hobby.


Strong gem

With a print run of just 25 I expected I would be on the outside looking in when this auction came to a close. Even with it being off season this is Kershaw we are talking about and he is featured on a limited run autograph card that happened to already be graded as gem mint. I put it on my watch list and tracked it for the week. Final day was here and the high price sat at a very reasonable amount but I knew I was going to be busy when the auction was scheduled to end so I put in my bid which was a bit on the lower side than what I normally would bid on a Kershaw autograph but if I was meant to win it I would with that amount. A hour later I was declared the winner for $5 less than my high bid and with that I added yet another Kershaw autograph to the collection.


Five
of
Twenty-Five

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment