Friday, February 26, 2016

Card of the Day - 2013 Topps Heritage : Clayton Kershaw Base Black Chrome Refractor Parallel (29/64)


I showcased yesterday (or the day before depending when I posted it) the 2014 version of Kershaw's Heritage black chrome and now I get to proudly show of the 2013 version which I believe is more eye appealing than the 2014 version.

A seller on eBay had a few of these Kershaw chromes to win and I was lucky enough to win the 2014 and this 2013. I plan(ned) to submit both of them to BGS for grading and while I see the smallest of flaws on the 2014 card I see nothing wrong on this 2013 so I am hoping for a gem mint return. What would be really sweet is if I can finally earn my first black label from BGS to pare it up with a black chrome card like this Kershaw. We shall see.

With this addition to the collection I now own 3 of 6 black Heritage chromes that Topps has released of Clayton and while that is a small number I think it will be a long while till I land the other 3 as the print runs are minuscule for all 6 so you just don't see them up for grabs very often. Crossing my fingers and hope to come across them sooner rather than later.


Twenty-Nine
of
Sixty-Four

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment