Monday, February 29, 2016

Card of the Day - 2015 Topps Strata : Clayton Kershaw Base Autograph Black Parallel (42/50)


This is a first for me. When it comes to Kershaw autographs he is 99% of the time the main focus of my searches but this time he was an "afterthought" or throw in if you like. No, the card wasn't free but its addition to the transaction made it cheaper by a lot.

Strata has been a name that Topps has used before for an insert that has been in their Topps releases the last couple of years but in 2015 they decided to make it its own card line and considering they are smaller than the insert versions (aka gradable as they aren't as thick) I knew I wanted to acquire a few and once I looked at the checklist there were 3 subjects I wanted and obviously Clayton was one of them. This card was part of a bigger transaction which I will showcase the other card tomorrow.

Like most releases Topps had various colored parallels but my 1st choice is always black and that made this card the one I wanted to have. I lost out on a couple of other copies but when I came across this one I knew I would pick it up and at a steal at that. Next up in this card's journey is a trip to Dallas to hopefully have a gem mint gold label affixed to it.


Forty-Two
of
Fifty

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin


No comments:

Post a Comment