Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Card of the Day - 2014 Allen Ginter : Mike Trout Base Mini Parallel EXT Variant


Patience, desire and good timing finally landed me this "rare" Mike Trout card.

It hails from the 2014 Ginter set but it is the EXT variant which can only be found in rip cards and not all those cards are torn open so who knows how many of these are actually on the open market. Book has this valued from $30-80 which on the high end is too much for my tastes but the low end is reasonable if it was nothing out of pocket.

This bad boy popped up on eBay one day on a BIN auction from a newish seller and had a best offer attached to it. I sent him an offer and he promptly countered at only a few bucks from his asking price. To say the least I declined and moved on but kept it on my watch list as I was curious to see what it would sell for. A few days later he messaged me and said if I would pay right then and there he would sell it to me for $5 less than my offer price. What? Well OK then. I accepted his "offer" and sent over the funds. I half expected this card to come in with some small flaw but under the magnifying glass I see nothing wrong with this card. Well you know where this card is going, BGS. Hoping for another Trout gem.

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment