Monday, March 14, 2016

BGS RCR Recap Number 1 From March 12, 2016 - 2014 Bowman : Julio Urias Bowman Inceptioned Autograph (28/35) Now BGS Mint 9.0


2014 Bowman "Inceptioned" Julio Urias Autograph (28/35)

On this card's original post I stated I don't know what I am eventually going to do with this card as I no longer collect Urias cards. With that said I think this card is in great condition and I hope that BGS agrees and if they do I will get it fully slabbed and flip it for another PC need.

Looking at the card's condition the only thing I see possibly wrong is that one corner is slightly rounded but in my opinion not enough to downgrade it to anything lower than a 9. All other sub grades should at least earn a 9.5 as it looks perfectly centered and surface looks great.

And with that said if it earns anything less than a 9.5 on the review I will be flipping it immediately on eBay as raw but hopefully it doesn't come to that.

... and it begins.

I ended up submitted a grip of cards to BGS this past Saturday and went with the 10 day service and while the majority of those results won't be in hand for two more weeks I ended up submitting 4 cards for a raw review and will post the results from today to Thursday. The first and only really disappointing return is this card :


I expected each card from the small RCR batch to come back with a 9.5 attached to it but if there was one that was borderline it was this Urias card considering the paper stock that it is made of.

I pretty much was ready to unload this card even before I knew the grade and hoped that a gold banner would help garner more traffic on eBay but once it came back with this silver 9.0 I knew exactly who would take it. As always I had a plan already in place and this card along with Thursday's went to an eBayer that I have done numerous transactions with. My last Urias autograph is now officially gone.

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment