Friday, March 25, 2016

Card of the Day - 2016 Topps Heritage : Clayton Kershaw Base Chrome Black Refractor Parallel (55/67)


There are 3 "big" cards that I want(ed) to acquire when I saw the checklist for this year's Heritage set and I was able to lock one down on an off eBay transaction due to past history with a particular seller.

This seller had a different copy of this Kershaw card that he had up on eBay with a best offer option but when I sent him an offer he informed that he just decided to take another buyer's offer as that person was set to buy a lot of from him. I totally understood and said thank you and moved on. Well 2 days later the same seller contacted me and told me he pulled another black Kershaw from a case. Lucky bastard. Anyways, he offered it to me at a much lower selling price than the other one as long as I acquired it off eBay. Since we both have dealt with each other we knew neither of use would screw each other over and a week later I now had 1 of 3 "big" cards on my checklist.

Of course this card falls into my ongoing Heritage black chrome project of Kershaw I am doing and I want them all to be in gem mint cases from BGS. Well its more likely than not that this will be in a silver mint 9 case as there is a minor flaw on a corner that may or may not garner an 8.5 sub grade and if it does then it will end up with an overall grade of a 9. Crossing my fingers but not holding my breath.


Fifty-Five
of
Sixty-Seven

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

2 comments:

  1. I just pulled the 2015 heritage black chrome Clayton Kershaw. I'm trying to find the value. Beckett says 80. Thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First off, congrats. Ebay sales have been anywhere from 35-50 in raw value.

      Delete