Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Card of the Day - 2015 Topps Strata : Sandy Koufax Base Autograph Black Parallel (26/50)


Yesterday I showed off a Strata Kershaw and stated it was part of a bigger transaction and that Clayton was not the main focus of said transaction. That is because the main "get" was and is this Sandy Koufax autograph. My 3rd for the collection and I couldn't be happier.

As I have been adjusting my collection I have sold/traded off cards and gotten funds which I intended to use to pick up other cards that were of my core 4 that I am now collecting (Kershaw, Trout, Seager and Koufax). Now even though I already have 2 Koufax autographs (absolute beauties by the way) I want to at least get up to 5 at some point but most are too pricey or not visually appealing to me. When the checklist for 2015 Strata came out I noticed that Sandy was included in the set and had a black parallel which meant I knew what my next Koufax autograph would be if I was lucky enough to land one at a decent price aka nothing out of pocket. The search began.

A few copies sold here and there at a price that I thought was too high considering there was no book value signed as of yet. Then one day I came across this on a BIN auction for what I believed was a decent price. I searched through his other auctions and found that Kershaw I showed off yesteraday and decided to contact him to see if I could combine the auctions and possibly lower the price at the same time. Why combine the auctions? Because eBay was running an eBucks promotion and with him combining the cards it would lower the total "cost" to me while maximizing the eBucks. He saw no problem in that and promptly adjusted the auctions and a week later I had both gems in my hand.

Just like the Clayton one I always intended to send this to BGS to get it graded and I think just like Kershaw's this will receive a gold banner. Knocking on wood that I just landed my 3rd 9.5 autograph of Sandy freaking Koufax.


Twenty-Six
of
Fifty

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you sir.
      Hopefully it gets knocked up a notch on awesome scale with a gold banner

      Delete
  2. Wow, I love this card! I may have to pick one up for myself. Check out the last page of my album for my latest pickups! I STILL haven't started a blog yet, but I still plan to at some point. Let me know what you think: http://s1265.photobucket.com/user/DodgersGirl10/library/?sort=6&page=11

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card, hopefully it'll come back a 9.5/10!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hoping so. There is slight fray on an edge so as long as that 9's i think Im good.

      Delete