Sunday, March 13, 2016

Card of the Day - 2012 Topps Chrome : Mike Trout Base Blue Refractor Parallel (127/199)


This card has been a pain in the ass to pick up. While I understand cards that are numbered less than 50 are going to be hard no matter what but when a card has a print run of 199 I expect a little more ease of acquiring it than I had with this particular one.

I have seen multiple copies of this card on eBay for months and each time I got outbid at the last moment. Then the one copy I decided not to bid on went lower than all my other bids had been. Ugh. Well this one was a BIN auction and I finally just caved in and hit the button and finally had a copy to call my own.

With wanting all my Trout cards in gem mint form I banked on 3 sub grades instead of the 1 glaring one that will be an issue. I could see from the pic on eBay as you can see here that centering is not dead on and my hope here is that it earns a 9 as everything else in the picture and in hand looks pristine. Corners are great and no scratches to speak of. So this is heading to BGS with the hope of obtaining a 9.5.


One Hundred and Twenty-Seven
of
One Hundred and Ninety-Nine

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment