Sunday, March 6, 2016

Card of the Day - 2014 Allen Ginter : Mike Trout Base Mini Parallel Flag Back Variant (17/25)


Oh how I love when items on eBay are mislabeled. Though it wasn't that big of an "error" on this card's auction it still might have helped me land it after months of trying as the seller did not want to budge on asking price.

This is a 2014 Ginter flag back variant but the seller had it labeled as a 2015 version. While small it might have not received as much attention as when people did their searches it didn't pull up. Their loss is my gain. The 2015 version has a book value of $25-60 while this 2014 one has none. That means at worst it is valued the same as the 2015 and more likely actually a little more as there have not been many transactions. The seller had this on a BIN auction with no best offer option and it sat on eBay for the better part of half a year. I kept pestering him for a lower selling price but he kept saying no. As he said no his asking price lowered as it wasn't selling but each time he lowered his price my asking price also got lower. Finally one day I guess he gave up or got tired of me asking and he finally met my price and a week later I finally was the owner of this limited beauty.

For a Ginter card it appears to be in tip top condition and I will put that to a test as BGS is back in town. Hoping to add another 9.5 or better to my Trout collection.


Seventeen
of
Twenty-Five

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment