Sunday, March 27, 2016

Card of the Day - 2016 Topps Heritage : Clayton Kershaw Base Mini Parallel (16/100)


The first thing that comes to mind when I think baseball minis is the Allen Ginter brand as that parallel/variant is a big part of their yearly release and I get my fair share of them every year. When I think Heritage I think old design with current players and even though I knew that minis were in the set I haven't actively pursued them. Of course that changes when a player that I collect is being sold on eBay on a cheap BIN. I just couldn't pass it up.

With the card being numbered that helped me make the decision easier to pick this up. While I love parallels I love them being numbered more and on screen this looked to be a great contender to earn a gold banner from BGS if I chose to submit it (I did) but when it came in there was a slight flaw on one of the back corners. Is it enough to drop that sub grade to an 8.5? Not sure but what I do know is that it won't earn anything higher than a 9 but if it can hold the line at that I think all the other sub grades will be a 9.5. Hoping but once again I am not holding my breath.


Sixteen
of
One Hundred

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment