Saturday, March 19, 2016

Card of the Day - 2015 Allen Ginter : Mike Trout Base Mini Parallel Flag Back Variant (5/25)


I am highly surprised that I completed a project in the matter of a couple of weeks even though there were only 2 cards that made up said project. The reason I had that belief is that this project consisted of Mike Trout featured on 2 cards that had a print run of just 25. Didn't expect to see them on eBay that fast let alone acquire both in such a small amount of time.

I picked up the 2014 A/G flag back of Mike a couple weeks ago which was included in the recent BGS batch but I was still on the lookout for the 2015 version and hoped to pick it up before my next BGS batch which would be in October. Well I didn't have to wait that long as this bad boy showed up on a traditional auction and with a book value of $25-60 I expected I would not get a good deal if I did indeed win the card. Well I have been totally wrong on this project/card all along as I did win this on a deal at below book and now I hope I am right finally as I submitted to BGS and believe that it will be encased in a gold banner case.

To think I had zero flag backs just a few weeks ago and now I have 2 in my most recent BGS submission and I believe that they have a better than not chance of earning a 9.5. Woo hoo.


Five
of
Twenty-Five

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment