Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Card of the Day - 2013 Bowman Chrome : Corey Seager Base Orange Refractor Parallel (2/25)


And.
There..
It..
IS!!!!

Over 2 years ago I started out on a project at the time I didn't know I started. I acquired my first Corey Seager card from the 2013 Bowman Chrome set and with it I had card number 1 of 15 in the rainbow set. There is actually 16 for a "true" the rainbow but that other one is a 1 of 1 superfractor that I will never see as I know it was sold online to a Dodger fan. Taking that one out of the equation though this Orange parallel's addition to my collection completes the rainbow.

I have a few card projects going on and to be quite honest I do not nor didn't expect to finish them as they are too limited and you have to come across a project need at the right time to pick it up. Well this is the first one I have taken to completion and considering the print run on a few of these cards I can not believe this is the one I finished first. This Orange one alone has a print run of just 25. The last time I saw a similar copy it sold before I even had a chance to bid on it. With Corey's assent to stardom his cards are increasingly becoming harder to track down so when this came up on a BIN auction I promptly put stuff up for sale to cover the cost.

The card was on a BIN with a best offer option and I sent in my offer but noticed that there were 3 other watchers. This might have been my last good chance at this card and I didn't want it to slip through my hands. I literally emailed the seller at least 5x during the day to get his attention and to work out a deal. Thankfully when he finally did get back to me the card was still available and soon after we completed the deal and a week later the card arrived and I am beyond happy.

Obviously I want/need all the cards of the rainbow to be encased in BGS holders and this card is no different. This card looks to be a sure lock for a gold banner and will look great to my other 14 cards in the rainbow. I finally finished a project and probably the hardest one I was/am doing. Woo Hoo. Once this card comes back from BGS I will do a special post on all of the cards together.


Two
of
Twenty-Five

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

5 comments:

  1. Nicely centered and looks like a 9.5 all the way, but then again you just never know with BGS. I'm still mad at myself for sleeping on the red and canary when they were actually affordable :-( Any idea where the superfractor is? I've seen the mini out there, but that's it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure looks like a gem but like u say, u never know but im confident. That canary sat on ebay for months and somewhat surprised I talked him down from his price. To this that has been the only one Ive seen. Same as the red but thankfully that one was already a bgs 9.5. The super sold on ebay for 981. Today im sure it would clear 1500. Guess ill never own it. Haha

      Delete
    2. Sure looks like a gem but like u say, u never know but im confident. That canary sat on ebay for months and somewhat surprised I talked him down from his price. To this that has been the only one Ive seen. Same as the red but thankfully that one was already a bgs 9.5. The super sold on ebay for 981. Today im sure it would clear 1500. Guess ill never own it. Haha

      Delete
    3. I personally feel that it's insane for people to spend that much on the superfractors. The canary is almost like a superfractor IMO. Aren't they retail exclusives? If that's the case, the odds of getting one makes it even more rare than the red.

      Delete
    4. No kidding.
      I dont know about the 2013 version but I know sometimes yellow is retail and sometimes they are not. With a print run of 10 Lord knows when you or I ever see one again. I almost want to list it on eBay with a $1000 reserve to see what it would sell for. But what is someone hits that reserve? Haha

      Delete